Using mysteries to improve engagement and learning in primary science NW025 / A18
A two-day course that will show you how to stimulate curiosity and maintain it through purposeful classroom activities that build pupils’ science skills and knowledge
Using an innovative set of strategies which has been developed in partnership with science educators in many countries across Europe this course will enable you to:
- provide a compelling focus by using mysteries in the classroom
- use principles of showmanship to present mysteries with flair
- motivate pupils to engage with the science
- use a well-established instructional method so pupils can generate questions and explore the science for themselves
- improve skills and increase pupil independence over time
This course will:
- improve enquiry skills
- explore scientific concepts
- improve science learning in your classroom
|Using mysteries to improve engagement and learning in primary science - day 1||14 March 2019||09:30-15:30||Venue address|
|Using mysteries to improve engagement and learning in primary science - day 2||15 March 2019||09:30-15:30||Venue address|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£50.00 +VAT||Subsidy available*£330.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£50.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available