STEM INSET training for Dr Walker's C of E Primary School RE198 / D12
This is a bespoke science morning organised for staff at Dr Walker's School. There will be two sessions running on the day:
Using computing and data logging to support primary science
Using a range of digital technologies helps schools meet the KS2 requirements for children to collect direct evidence from enquiries, process data and communicate their ideas.
During this course you will get hands-on practical experience using digital technologies in science and be able to decide on the best use of the technology and integrate them into your science lessons.
Assessment and progression in primary science
Evidence shows that effective Assessment for Learning (AfL) leads to raised attainment. Now that formal recording of levels has been removed, you need to be secure in your understanding of how to make judgements about children's achievements and progress.
Throughout the course we will identify how you can integrate and embed assessment practices into your science teaching.
Session 1 - You will be able to:
- identify opportunities to enhance science enquiry through the use of digital technologies
- develop digital skills through a range of hands-on investigations
- increase your confidence in using data loggers, digital microscopes, digital images and sound recording
Session 2 - You will be able to:
- use a range of AfL strategies effectively to promote children’s learning
- acquire a deeper understanding of progression
- make confident and reliable teacher assessment of learning in science and identify children’s next steps
|STEM INSET training for Dr Walker's C of E Primary School||25 February 2019||09:00-12:00||Dr Walker's Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School, Fyfield|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available