Elementary Chemistry 2: Going Beyond the Basics RE202 / G03
This course is the second of two for non-specialists who want to become more confident in teaching chemistry at KS4. It will provide a range of simple, safe and effective practical activities as well as addressing key concepts that stretch students.
You will be able to:
- Develop strategies for teaching quantitative chemistry
- Become familiar with the organic chemistry content of GCSE chemistry
- Consider the difficult topics of chemical equilibria, bond energies and acid/base strength
- Develop an appreciation of the unifying concept of redox
- Identify effective ways of linking chemical concepts and take away resources to help with the next day’s lessons!
|Delivering chemistry practical work||27 March 2019||09:30-15:30||The Canterbury Academy|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£95.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£95.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available