Physics for Non-Specialists 1: Forces and Electricity RE208 / G01
If you have been asked to teach physics and it is outside your specialist area, this course is for you.
Throughout the course an experienced facilitator will help to develop your understanding of the principles of physics and the skills and strategies needed to teach the subject effectively at KS3 & KS4. As your confidence in the subject increases so will student motivation and attainment.
In this first day, you will focus on the topics of forces and electricity
You will be able to:
- Increase your understanding of physics topics for KS3 & KS4
- Become more confident and competent in your teaching of physics at 11-16
- Develop an understanding of common student misconceptions and how these can be addressed
- Employ the effective use of scientific models relevant to the teaching of physics
- Rehearse opportunities for practical work
|Physics for non-specialists||19 October 2018||09:30-15:30||Aylesford School|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£95.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£95.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available