Linking STEM curriculum learning to careers NE712 / A18
Enhance your role as a STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) subject teacher by linking curriculum learning to careers. Through weekly tasks, you will identify how to adapt your STEM curriculum, engaging your students in careers linked to their classroom learning. Learn from experienced educators who have adapted their teaching, worked with employers and collaborated with local STEM Ambassadors to create a careers-linked curriculum that both engages and inspires students within the STEM subjects.
This course has been designed for both STEM secondary teachers and further education lecturers, with case studies and specific activities for each sector.
- approaches for reviewing current practice, understanding your students’ careers need and planning a STEM careers learning journey
- adapting your teaching with careers resources to motivate and inspire your students
- engaging with local employers to both raise your students’ aspirations and develop your knowledge about STEM careers
- the wider context of your school or college and the Gatsby Careers Benchmarks
You will be able to:
- engage students through linking STEM curriculum learning with careers, providing a real-life understanding of your subject and its relevance in future career paths
- create meaningful encounters for students with employers, linked to the teaching of your STEM subject
- improve your curriculum content by applying a STEM careers learning journey approach
- evaluate the impact of linking curriculum learning to careers
- contribute to discussions about careers education in your school or college
This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform. In booking on this course you are consenting to your details being shared by the with FutureLearn under these terms & conditions. By accepting the National STEM Learning Centre’s invitation to register on this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and the National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common.
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available