South Wiltshire Primary Science Subject leaders’ network RD121 / C15
This is a local network meeting led by Carol Sampey to facilitate the sharing of good practice. Carol is a Fellow of the Primary Science Teaching Trust (PSTT), an Area Mentor for the Wessex and Wales regions. She has over 30 years’ primary experience of teaching Year 2 to Year 6 and has held the position of Science Leader in a number of schools across Wiltshire. She is an accredited Associate CPD facilitator for the Science Learning Network.
This event will look at the topic below:
Bringing the wonder of the Jurassic Coast to your classroom
- explore how the Big Jurassic Classroom online resources can be used effectively to deliver the requirements of the Key Stage 2 rocks and fossils learning content.
- inspire children to look closely at rocks, fossils and landforms in YOUR local area.
- find out how to borrow the new Rocks and Fossil Boxes
- make creative Cross-Curricular links in Literacy, Numeracy, Geography and Art and Design.
You will be able to:
- Identify ways to link the core subjects and raise the profile of Science in your school.
- Explore new resources and hands on activities to take back and use in your classroom.
- Update on latest developments in primary science education.
|Primary Subject Leaders' Network||06 March 2019||13:00-16:30||Diocesan Education Centre|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£90.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£117.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available