Active learning and creative assessment in primary science - Evidence of thinking and learning (KLIPS) RA952 / A04
This course aims to explore over 20 imaginative teaching strategies which engage learning and support on-going teacher assessment to aid progression. This course will consider the benefits of a classroom climate which promotes talk and discussion, where children are able to unpick their understanding and take risks to experiment with their ideas. The practical strategies, which also provide creative opportunities for Science assessment, can easily be transferred back in the classroom to ensure children are actively involved in their learning.
- experience a range of engaging, practical strategies that can be used to both develop understanding and provide evidence of thinking, learning and progression in children’s work
- explore creative approaches for day to day assessment
- explore a range of practical strategies to encourage an ethos of talking, thinking and questioning
- explore how to encourage independent, collaborative learners within Science and strategies to develop effective group work
- gain ideas to develop challenge for all pupils and ideas to extend more able pupils
|Active learning and creative assessment in primary science - Evidence of thinking and learning (KLIPS)||16 March 2016||09:30-15:30||Edge Hill University|
To book this course, please follow this link (you cannot book through this site):
Any queries on courses must be made through to Lancashire County Council on:
Tel: 01257 516100
Cancellation within eight working days and non-attendance will incur the full course fee of £165.
Teachers or technicians working in state-funded schools in England are eligible for these subsidies which can be used to contribute to covering the cost of course fees, supply cover, travel, accommodation, or equipment for your school. Find out more.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£165.00 +VAT||Subsidy available*£100.50|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£330.00 +VAT|
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available