Tomorrow's science for today's children NN016 / B18
Future learners are heading for an age that requires adaptable ‘knowledge workers’ who can work creatively, independently and in collaboration, to sustain them when faced with the challenges ahead. To this end there is an urgent need for an emphasis on developing scientific processes and skills to prepare children for the STEM careers of tomorrow.
This course is designed to optimise children’s potential as adaptable discoverers and investigators through the process of exploring, testing and finding out.
- become familiar with activities which will engage children in independent, enquiry- based learning designed to develop the process of exploring, testing and finding out.
- become aware of how past discoveries shape present and future thinking.
- be equipped to foster scientific skills, attitudes and understanding alongside scientific knowledge.
- be introduced to ideas for using technology effectively to enhance scientific understanding.
- have opportunities to explore concepts by designing and constructing and so engage in deeper and more complex thinking.
- participants will be more aware of the STEM Ambassadors Programme and how Ambassadors might be used to support their teaching in different ways back in school.
|Tomorrow's science for today's children - day 1||22 January 2019||09:00-16:15||National Operator|
|Tomorrow's science for today's children - day 2||29 January 2019||09:00-16:15||National Operator|
|Tomorrow's science for today's children - day 3||07 March 2019||09:00-16:15||National Operator|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£65.00 +VAT||Subsidy available*£420.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£65.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available