HABC - Level 2 Award in COSHH Risk Assessment HC535 / G02
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) requires employers to control exposure to hazardous substances to prevent ill-health. The Level 2 Certificate in COSHH Risk Assessment provides formal recognition of an individual’s ability to undertake a COSHH risk assessment in line with the Health and Safety Executive’s Approved Code of Practice.
- employers and employees duties relating to hazardous substances at work
- the consequences for non-compliance with statutory duties
- list the ways in which an employer can communicate hazardous substances safety information
- define the terms hazard and risk with respect to hazardous substances
- list the different forms that hazardous substances can take
- outline the health and safety effects that may arise following exposure or release of hazardous substances
- outline the routes that hazardous substances can enter the body
- describe how risk assessments reduce accidents and ill health at work
- outline the five step process of risk assessment
- outline the control hierarchy in respect of safe use, handling, transporting, storage and disposal of substances hazardous to health
- outline the types of information that should be referred to for the safe identification and use of hazardous substances
- describe the general procedures that should be in place for dealing with an incident involving hazardous substances
After completing this course, participants will:
- understand the law relating to hazardous substances in the workplace
- understand how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace
- understand the precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances
|HABC - Level 2 Award in COSHH Risk Assessment||04 December 2018||09:00-17:00||Oak Tree Management & Training Ltd|
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.
|heated member||Activity fee£217.50 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£235.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available