North Wiltshire Science Subject leader Update Meeting RD121 / I15
This is a local network meeting led by Carol Sampey to facilitate the sharing of good practice. Carol is a Fellow of the Primary Science Teaching Trust (PSTT), an Area Mentor for the Wessex and Wales regions. She has over 30 years’ primary experience of teaching Year 2 to Year 6 and has held the position of Science Leader in a number of schools across Wiltshire. She is an accredited Associate CPD facilitator for the Science Learning Network.
This event will look at the topic below:
Bringing the wonder of the Jurassic Coast to your classroom
- Explore how the Big Jurassic Classroom online resources can be used effectively to deliver the requirements of the Key Stage 2 rocks and fossils learning content.
- Inspire children to look closely at rocks, fossils and landforms in YOUR local area.
- Find out how to borrow the new Rocks and Fossil Boxes
- Make creative Cross-Curricular links in Literacy, Numeracy, Geography and Art and Design.
Pay full price for the November network meeting and receive a 100% discount off the March network meeting price, using discount code SLPN0419HND3
- develop the teaching and assessment of working scientifically in your school
- develop your schemes of work/learning in order to enhance the teaching and learning of science in your school
|Primary science network||12 March 2019 13:00-16:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£90.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£117.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available