London and South East regional network meeting HE001 / F06
The London HEaTED regional network provides a forum for discussion and communication between technical managers, and staff development/HR colleagues from across the region. The network promotes training events, the sharing of knowledge, skills and best practice amongst technical staff and increased awareness of the opportunities and facilities provided by HEaTED and member institutions.
12:00 Welcome, lunch and networking │ Stephen Franey, HEaTED London Regional Coordinator
12:50 Welcome note │ Steve Shemilt, Institute Operations Officer
13:00 Technical staff development plan in institutions │ Suhel Miah, HEaTED Programme Manager
To identify and discuss development needs and delivery requirement
14:15 Tea break and leg stretch!
14:30 To inform and discuss new CPD workshops and services │ Suhel Miah, HEaTED Programme Manager
(1) Supporting technician’s engagement in enterprise
(2) Benchmarking Professional Technician Competency Level using the HEaTED Toolkit
(3) Student-Centred Customer Services for Technicians
(4) Facilitation and advisory services
15:15 How HEaTED can help signatory members achieve the Technical Commitment Initiative │Suhel Miah, HEaTED Programme Manager
15:45 Thoughts for the next HEaTED regional network meeting │ Stephen Franey, HEaTED London Regional Coordinator
The outcomes of this event are to:
- identify and develop an action plan for CPD needs in the region
- make new productive connections through networking
- share ideas and seize opportunities to develop technical resources and services
|London and South East regional network meeting||28 March 2018 12:00-16:30|
Lunch and refreshments are provided.