BBC micro:bit in computing CV203 / I17
The micro:bit is a powerful tool for learning computing, from hardware and networking through to programming and physical computing. This CPD, led by highly-experienced computer science teachers, will help you maximise the impact of the micro:bit on student learning. You will learn how to fully integrate the device into an engaging curriculum that provides opportunities for all. You will also find out which are the most useful tools and add-ons for the micro:bit, saving you money and time.
Participants will take away devices and additional components to repeat the activities back in the classroom.
The day will consist of hands-on coding workshops, including:
• using the latest tools to program the micro:bit
• ideas for simple activities using just the micro:bit
• making the micro:bit interact with the world around us
• making music on the micro:bit
• communicating between micro:bits
Notional outline for the day (TBC):
09:30 - 10:00 Registration, tea and coffee, introductory activities
10:00 - 10:20 Welcome - updates, overviews - what's new?
10:20 - 11:30 Lighting up LEDs
11:30 - 11:45 Break
11.45 - 12:45 Making music
12.45 - 13:15 Lunch
13:15 - 14:15 Neopixels and sensors
14:15 - 15:15 Networking with radio
15:15 - 15:30 Action planning
You will be able to:
- be confident with how to program the micro:bit
- know different ways to use the micro:bit in your lessons
- have ideas about how to integrate the micro:bit into your curriculum
- be able to use some of the built-in devices that are integral to the micro:bit
• have ideas about ways to add and program external components with the micro:bit
|Micro:bit in computing||07 February 2018 09:30-15:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£275.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£275.00||Bursary typeENTHUSE bursary|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£275.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available