Making powerful connections between science and maths combined with science and literacy RA139 / A01
You will explore a range of strategies designed to improve children's ability to use scientific language. You will be able to maximise the opportunities for developing literacy skills and improving attainment in science by planning lessons in which children communicate science ideas, knowledge and understanding.
You will also be collecting, analysing and presenting data in science requires and provides opportunity for the use and development of mathematical skills.
Throughout this course, you will identify how to maximise your pupils' opportunities to develop their numeracy skills and improve attainment in science by planning lessons in which children effectively handle data.
You will be able to:
- plan science activities that develop mathematical skills
- identify the progression of mathematical and science skills
- use science activities to effectively assess mathematical skills
- gain an awareness of the nature and breadth of opportunities for linking science and literacy
- develop strategies for raising attainment in science through developing speaking, listening and writing skills to communicate scientific learning
- begin to identify progression in science and literacy
|Making powerful connections between science and maths combined with science and literacy||08 December 2017 09:30-15:30|