Engaging and ensuring progress of low attainers in science RA229 / C02
This course provides participants with strategies to improve the progress made by low attaining students in science. it supports the development of numeracy and literacy skills in Science and the identification of science misconceptions.
- identify actions aimed at improving student motivation and increase engagement
- identify ways to improve the confidence of students
- consider how best to prepare students for the demands of the new GCSEs practical questions
- identify new and interesting challenges to incorporate into science practical teaching
- consider how to support students with the unique literacy challenges linked to science achievement
- begin to develop a 5 year numeracy road map to support improved attainment in numeracy
|Engaging and ensuring progress of low attainers in science||13 June 2017||09:30-15:30|
Summer Term Special Offer for Science Learning Partnership Cheshire and Stockport Secondary CPD courses
'Buy two courses, get a third course half price'
If your school would like to register places for teachers on any two of the following SLP courses, we can offer your school a place on a third course at half the usual price.
For participants: Please book through the STEM Learning website as usual, registering your name and email address – and please ensure that you include the name of your school when booking your place on the course.
The full course fee will appear when you book. STEM and the Science Learning Partnership Cheshire and Stockport will then track your booking and make the fee adjustment when invoicing your school, after the course.
RA229 C02 Engaging and ensuring progress of low attainers in science on 13th June 2017
RA201 C02 Enhancing practical work in the new GCSE: Physics on 22nd June 2017
RA200 C02 Enhancing practical work in the new GCSE: Biology on 29th June 2017
RA210 C02 Maths in Science teaching: maths language and skills for GCSE Science on 30th June 2017
RA202 C01 Enhancing practical work in the new GCSE: Chemistry on 7th July 2017
RA208 C02 Physics for non-specialists on 13th July 2017
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£175.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£230.00|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available