Differentiating for learning in STEM teaching NE702 / B16
The course is designed to help STEM teachers in primary and secondary schools, and in 6th form and FE colleges to improve their understanding and use of Differentiating for Learning within the STEM subjects.
- be introduced to some of the key principles of effective differentiated learning and then focus on differentiating by task using examples from the STEM subjects
- be provided with a range of practical ideas of how they can best respond to the assessment evidence they elicit from their students
- be encouraged to try out activities, share thinking and materials developed with their peers, the educators and mentors
- be taken through a developmental journey where they can discuss ideas, apply them to their own context, analyse their thinking, synthesise points and evaluate their current approach in order to help shift their practice.
This course has been developed by the National STEM Learning Centre in partnership with Formative Education Ltd. It gives you the opportunity to learn with three leading experts in STEM education and assessment:
- Dylan Wiliam: Emeritus Professor of Educational Assessment at the Institute of Education and author of Embedded Formative Assessment;
- Christine Harrison: Senior Lecturer in Science Education at King’s College London, Chair of the Association for Science Education, and former secondary school teacher.
- Andrea Mapplebeck: Researcher and practitioner now supporting educators to improve STEM learning, and former head of science.
This course is designed for English-speaking teachers of STEM subjects in primary and secondary schools, and sixth form and FE colleges. It’s also relevant to trainee teachers; teacher trainers; those thinking about a career in STEM teaching; and developers of STEM-related course materials.
It is a CPD course for people who, in the main, have a degree level qualification, or who are in the process of obtaining one.
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available