Developing subject understanding in Earth and space (Year5) RA127 / A02
Each session includes a focus on working scientifically, considering the key aspects which might best be focussed on with this topic. For example, when teaching about forces, the teacher may wish to focus on gathering, recording, classifying and presenting data in a variety of ways to help in answering questions as well as recording findings using simple scientific language, drawings, labelled diagrams, keys, bar charts, and tables.
At the end of each session, participants will have:
- clarity about the development of the topic across the year 1 to 6 science curriculum
- a better understanding of how the topic offers opportunities to work scientifically
- a better understanding of the subject content
- ideas for teaching the topic (including assessment)
- resources for teaching the topic
Pricing is for up to two members of staff per school. Each delegate should register but only one will be charged.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£45.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available