HEaTED East Midlands network event HE001 / D03
Venue: Edith Murphy House, De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH. Building number 8 on the campus map.
Audience: Technical staff, technical managers, technical team leaders and staff development professionals from HE and FE institutions across the region.
09:30 Arrival and coffee and registration
10:00 Welcome, Introduction and intended outcomes - Amrat Khorana, HEaTED East Midlands Network Coordinator
10:15 Dr Simon Oldroyd, Pro Vice-Chancellor/Dean, Faculty of Health & Life Sciences
10:45 Interactive communication workshop/exercise
11:30 HEaTED updates - Katherine Forsey, HEaTED Membership and Networks Manager
12:00 Lunch and networking and informal discussions
12.45 Feedback and notice of future meetings
13.00 Afternoon tours – please sign up here: http://goo.gl/BAjkFh
- Visit to the Richard III Visitor Centre – Medieval Tour
- Visit to the purpose built Art, Design & Humanities building (see the new Digital art floor)
- Visit the Health and Life Sciences labs - making ice cream with liquid nitrogen demonstration!
- Visit the Recording Studios – a chance to create a new sound!
16:00 End and departure
HEaTED online groups
The HEaTED online groups support the HEaTED networks. Please get involved, start a topic and contribute to a discussion before and after the network event. Registration is free and you will gain access to all HEaTED groups when you register for this event. If you are not able to attend this event but would like to contribute to the items discussed please visit the HEaTED East Midlands online group and reply to the topic set up for this event.
- To establish a core community of well-networked Technical staff from all levels to lead, manage and deliver services and support to academia for the future.
|Regional network event||08 November 2016||09:30-16:00||De Montfort University|
Lunch and refreshments are provided.
|heated non-member||Activity fee£100.00 +VAT|
|heated member||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available