Working scientifically at KS2 – why and how? RA105 / B01
Effective teaching of scientific enquiry is central to developing children's ideas, skills, knowledge and understanding in science.
You will be able to implement strategies for planning, resourcing and organising a range of types of enquiry in order to improve children's outcomes.
Pupils are enthused and motivated when they are involved in planning their own enquiries and when they can see the relevance of them to their everyday life. You will explore a range of techniques to draw out their ideas and develop strategies to inspire and incorporate these ideas into your science lessons.
You will be able to:
- demonstrate increased knowledge of progression in scientific enquiry
- implement a wide range of strategies for planning, resourcing and organising enquiry
- appreciate the different types of enquiry children can engage in to explore the world around them
- demonstrate the value of purposeful play
- implement a range of ideas and activities to enhance children’s early science experiences
|Working scientifically at KS2 – why and how?||29 March 2017||09:30-16:00||The City of Liverpool College|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available