sPrimary summer school NS004 / A16
During the summer school participants will look at the broad themes of biodiversity and sustainability in relation to Curriculum for Excellence (CfE). A major focus will be to explore the use of hands-on practical science activities which participants will be able to use to help them address the Sciences Experiences and Outcomes within their local environment. The outdoor environment, including a local wood, will be used for the practical sessions.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly (email@example.com) who will forward you the necessary information.
Shortly after the published closing date for applications the Administration Team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such an Bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE Bursary
- If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE Bursary – please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility.
Participants will be able to:
- demonstrate increased confidence in the delivery of practical science, in the outdoor environment within CfE themes
- adapt ideas for the use of outdoor space to their own environments
- identify opportunities for their own practice and produce an action plan for implementation
Pupils will benefit from:
- increased opportunities for working outdoors
- increased opportunities for practical work
|Primary summer school: day 1||04 July 2017||09:30-19:45||SSERC|
|Primary summer school: day 2||05 July 2017||09:00-16:00||SSERC|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£320.00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£320.00||Subsidy available*£360.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available