Coaching and mentoring skills for technical staff HC008 / F02
The course is designed to enable technicians to develop coaching and mentoring skills to support workplace development and contribute to the CPD cycle within the organisation.
Ideally suited to first line managers, supervisors, team leaders and anyone involved in coaching and mentoring individuals and or teams, this course is designed to help managers improve their communication and motivation skills and improve efficiency and performance in their coaching and mentoring role.
By meeting the course outcomes, you will gain a greater understanding of the differences between coaching and mentoring, effective methods of identifying individual needs, writing development plans and measuring the impact of the CPD activity.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- state the difference between coaching and mentoring
- identify individual learning and development needs
- plan and agree a development plan with individuals
- prepare coaching and mentoring sessions to support individual needs
- use a variety of methods effectively in the coaching/mentoring role
- record key information throughout the coaching and mentoring period
- evaluate the impact and reflect on the effectiveness of the process
|Coaching and mentoring skills for technical staff||06 October 2016||09:15-15:30||King's College London|
Lunch and refreshments are included in the course fee.
|heated member||Activity fee£200.00 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£250.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available