Effective implementation of the new GCSEs RA223 / F10
This course will support science teachers in implementing the new National Curriculum and relating it to the changes for GCSE.
You will identify the key issues arising from the new curriculum and consider how to audit and adapt existing schemes of learning to accommodate the changes.
Planning for progression to GCSE and beyond and actively identifying opportunities for enhancing literacy and mathematical skills will also form part of the day.
You will be able to:
- Describe key issues arising from changes to the curriculum and their implications
- Plan and evaluate ways of embedding the new curriculum in schemes of learning
- Appreciate the major changes to the secondary curriculum that are planned or underway
- Consider progression through the new KS3 programme of study into the new GCSE content
- Plan to integrate the teaching of mathematical skills in science.
|Delivering the latest science curriculum||13 December 2016||09:15-16:00||Venue address|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£195.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£250.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available