Mac OS X support essentials 10.11 HC457 / K10
OS X Support Essentials is a three day course with plenty of hands-on labs designed to train technical professionals needing to support the OS X file system and other software running on Apple Macs. The main goal of this course is to introduce technicians to the basic techniques for using Apple’s tools for installing, configuring and troubleshooting OS X.
- Day one covers OS X installation and configuration and covers initial installation and setup, managing software updates, creating and managing user accounts and file system security
- Day two looks in more detail at usage management: permissions, system resources, compression and backup solutions and application and document management
- Day three introduces delegates to networking Apple computers including basic networking theory, configuration and troubleshooting and the course wraps up with a collection of system troubleshooting chapters
What you will learn:
- understand OS X installation: how to configure a clean system and perform upgrades, OS X Recovery features and usage
- software updates and the Mac App store explained: how to check for and apply updates correctly
- what are the various user accounts types: their differences and features, creating managing and securing user accounts, password management and resets
- how to secure the Mac software and hardware: encryption and firmware locking
- explanation of the OS X file system permission sets: viewing and fixing permissions, accessing hidden items and system resources
|Mac OS X support essentials 10.11||11 July 2016||09:30-17:00||Amsys Ltd|
Lunch and refreshments are provided. Stationery is supplied and you will be provided with the full course manual to take away.
|heated member||Activity fee£878.75 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£950.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available