Mac OS X server essentials 10.10 HC458 / K07
The OS X Server Essentials training course is an intensive 3 day training course with plenty of hands-on labs. Courses are restricted to eight delegates or less so you’ll get plenty of personal attention. The course has been specially designed for technical coordinators and entry-level system administrators.
This course was originally designed to prepare delegates for Apple certification. With the release of OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Apple has removed the certification path from Server Essentials, but it remains an invaluable course for techs and admins that need to install and configure OS X Server to provide network-based services like file sharing, DHCP, and collaboration services.
This course also teaches you about the tools required for efficiently managing and deploying OS X and software updates.
- Day one covers OS X Server Installation and Configuration, focusing on initial installation and setup, DNS configuration, SSL Certificates, user account creation and remote administration and monitoring
- Day two covers Network Accounts: how to create and host a directory service, OS X and device management, File sharing and Deployment solutions
- Day three teaches Networking services such as network backups through Time Machine, VPN, DHCP and Website hosting. There is also a collection of collaborative services such as mail, contacts and calendar discussed
What you will learn:
- understand OS X server installation: how to configure a clean system and perform upgrades
- know how to integrate an OS X server into an existing DNS environment, or how to provide DNS with OS X server
- SSL certificate overview, including how to create and configure certificates in OS X server
- remote administration and monitoring techniques in relation to OS X server: best practices for backing up an OS X server
- account creation and management, both local and network directory users and groups
- how to save time and money by efficiently supporting your OS X users on the network
|Mac OS X server essentials 10.10||01 August 2016||09:30-17:00||Amsys Ltd|
Lunch and refreshments are provided. Stationery is supplied and you will be provided with the full course manual to take away.
|heated member||Activity fee£878.75 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£950.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available