Linking the core subjects: Literacy and numeracy in primary science RC113 / L02
You will explore a range of strategies designed to improve children's ability to use scientific language. Collecting, analysing and presenting data in science requires and provides opportunity for the use and development of mathematical skills. You will be able to maximise the opportunities for developing literacy and numeracy skills, improving attainment in science by planning lessons in which children communicate science ideas, knowledge and understanding and effectively handle data.
You will :
- gain an awareness of the nature and breadth of opportunities for linking science and literacy
- develop strategies for raising attainment in science through developing speaking, listening and writing skills to communicate scientific learning
- begin to identify progression in science and literacy
- plan science activities that develop mathematical skills
- identify the progression of mathematical and science skills
- use science activities to effectively assess mathematical skills
|Linking the core subjects||04 July 2016||09:30-16:00||Staniland Academy|
Teachers or technicians working in state-funded schools in England are eligible for these subsidies which can be used to contribute to covering the cost of course fees, supply cover, travel, accommodation, or equipment for your school. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£190.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£190.00 +VAT||Subsidy available*£95.00|
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available