If you missed the recent Organisational STEM Leadership Development Days, have a look at the presentations (http://www.nationalstemcentre.org.uk/community/groups/51/fe-in-stem/viewresource/30) from the events so that you can see the ideas and action plans explored. Each event brought together practitioners to plan how to improve STEM provision across their organisation and so help equip learners with invaluable skills for employment in the current challenging economy.
Experts from across the sector helped build up a picture of current provision and then consider its suitability for meeting the needs of learners and of the economy. After sharing examples of innovative practice, everyone set about identifying actions and realistic targets for delivering improvement in their organisation.
Keynote speakers included:
• Alex Falconer, HMI, Ofsted
• Professor Matthew Harrison, Director of Education, Royal Academy of Engineering
• Gary Groom, Principal, Redcar and Cleveland College
• Frank McLoughlin, Principal, City and Islington College
• 19 January, Thinktank, Birmingham B4 XG
• 1 February, The Royal Society, London, SWY 5AG
• 8 February, National Science Learning Centre, York, YO10 5DD