I'm a Medic, Get me out of here!
Connect your students with primary healthcare professionals.
I’m a Medic, Get me out of here! is a free, online careers event where school students meet and interact with healthcare professionals. East Midlands students login during a 2 week period to ask a panel of healthcare professionals anything they like. Students have more in-depth conversations with the professionals over a fast-paced online live chat booked at a time to suit the school. Preparation lesson plans allow students to find out more about the NHS and a range of roles within healthcare.
All resources and support are provided for teachers to facilitate this student-led event. I'm a Medic is ideal for potential medicine students but covers a range of NHS roles, making it appropriate for different ability groups in Year 9-13.
Priority places for Each Midlands schools. Register interest at www.imamedic.uk/teachers
- become more aware of careers in healthcare & may discover future career options
- obtain honest careers advice through direct interactions with people currently in-post
- consider their own career options and the qualifications required to get them there
- learn about healthcare professionals’ interests, likes and dislikes, and find areas in common
- understand healthcare professionals’ motivations and achievements
- develop in SMSC
Grants for school
The Royal Institution runs two enrichment and enhancement grant schemes. Grants of up to £500 are available to UK-registered state schools to host a STEM activity selected from the STEM Directory.
There are a number of other organisations that offer grants to schools.
|Published||12 October 2017|
|Last modified||12 October 2017|
|Nature of scheme||Project for students|
|Running times||1-4 hours|
I'm a Medic is funded by a Health Education East Midlands, making it free for East Midlands schools.