Results for "earth and atmosphere" (14)
High and low biological value protein theory and quiz
To understand the food safety principles when preparing, cooking and serving food
To know how to correctly use a food probe
To understand how to prevent cross contamination
Water soluble Vitamins A, B, C, D
To know and understand:
• the functions
• main sources
• effects of deficiency and excess
• related dietary reference values
Use this resource with small groups of students.
Instructions for using this learning grid:-
Print off onto A3 and laminate
The students then play the game in groups of 4
They roll two dice to get a grid reference.
There is a delicate balance between the three main areas of our energy future; security, accessibility and sustainability. This is known as the energy trilemma. How we manage these areas is a tricky task....
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about becoming more confident in cooking and developing essential skills. The differentiated slides cover:
• using the hob to boil and simmer
• using a kettle to measure boiling water safely
• draining hot water away from pasta
• an all-in-one white sauce...
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about gaining confidence with cooking and developing essntial skills. The differentiated slides cover:
• using small electrical equipment, e.g. whisk
• handling raw meat safely
• preparing an onion
• using a knife safely to dice
• preparing chillies,...
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about becoming familiar with the cooking equipment, tools and ingredients. The differentiated slides cover:
• areas where you might be cooking
• basic tools and equipment
• using a knife safely to prepare fruit and vegetables
• basic techniques for preparing...
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about understanding the information on food labels and making informed decisions when choosing what to buy and eat. The differentiated slides cover:
• Food labels
• Date marks
• Nutritional information
• Guideline Daily Amounts
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about being safe and hygienic when buying, carrying and storing food. The differentiated slides cover:
• Looking at the quality of food when shopping
• Storing food, including the use of the fridge and freezer
• Date marks
• Preparing the kitchen