Water soluble Vitamins A, B, C, DTo know and understand:• the functions• main sources• effects of deficiency and excess• related dietary reference values•Theory Lesson•Exam Practice•Kahoot
Use this resource with small groups of students.Instructions for using this learning grid:- Print off onto A3 and laminate The students then play the game in groups of 4 They roll two dice to get a grid reference.
There is a delicate balance between the three main areas of our energy future; security, accessibility and sustainability. This is known as the energy trilemma. How we manage these areas is a tricky task.The following activities introduce pupils to the idea of the energy trilemma in a creative way, allowing them to...
As part of the FUNcube STEM satellite outreach programme we have developer a student and teachers pack showing how to interpret rea data from graphs.These can be found at: https://funcube.org.uk/education-outreach/
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about becoming more confident in cooking and developing essential skills. The differentiated slides cover:
• using the hob to boil and simmer
• using a kettle to measure boiling water safely
• draining hot water away from pasta
• an all-in-one white sauce
• the rubbing in method...
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about gaining confidence with cooking and developing essntial skills. The differentiated slides cover:
• using small electrical equipment, e.g. whisk
• handling raw meat safely
• preparing an onion
• using a knife safely to dice
• preparing chillies, garlic and ginger
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about becoming familiar with the cooking equipment, tools and ingredients. The differentiated slides cover:
• areas where you might be cooking
• basic tools and equipment
• using a knife safely to prepare fruit and vegetables
• basic techniques for preparing ingredients, such as...
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about understanding the information on food labels and making informed decisions when choosing what to buy and eat. The differentiated slides cover:
• Food labels
• Date marks
• Nutritional information
• Guideline Daily Amounts
• Choices affected by food miles,...
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about being safe and hygienic when buying, carrying and storing food. The differentiated slides cover:
• Looking at the quality of food when shopping
• Storing food, including the use of the fridge and freezer
• Date marks
• Preparing the kitchen
• Personal hygiene
This Licence to Cook tutorial follows on from the Protecting Tutorial 1 and investigates further the inportance of being safe and hygienic when preparing food. The differentiated slides cover:
• Preparing raw ingredients
• Cleaning work surfaces
• Cooking thoroughly
• Covering food and safe storage