Listing all results (90)
This STEM Learning magazine aimed at all primary teachers contains articles devoted to teaching science, mathematics, design and technology and computing at primary level. Articles include:
- What does primary STEM look like?
- Taking the next step in coding
- Could the...
Pioneering technical services are explored in the cover article of the summer issue of STEM Learning Magazine for Post-16 and FE sectors. Other articles describe changes to A levels and GCSEs, provide advice on conducting A level biology practicals, and look into investigating radiation levels from space. There is...
This project, exploring basic encryption, is a useful introduction to data security as well as iterating through strings to manipulate them. The program create a ‘substitution cipher’, one of the most basic forms of encryption. It also demonstrates that, for more complex chained commands, Scratch becomes rather...
This activity is an introduction to writing programs that can handle errors. It also helps students to understand number bases, by guiding them through the writing of a ‘base converter’ program.
This issue of Computer Science for Fun is entitled ‘Computer Science in Space’, and explores the role of computers in space exploration and astronomy.
It includes articles covering:
• Computer scientists working for NASA
• GPS and computer art projects that love your data
This issue of magazine includes the following articles:
- Preparing BTEC students for university by Adrian Greenall
- Future careers in magic by Dave Gibbs
- What does a good science scheme of learning look like? by Mark Langley
- Exploring our universe by Tom Lyons
This issue of the magazine includes the following articles:
- Have your Pi and eat it too by Michael Anderson
- Bananas are big business by Ed Walsh
- The E in STEM by Gill Collinson and Gemma Taylor
- Celebrating International Darwin Day by Simon Quinnell
- Applying learning...
In this issue you can find out about the science behind fireworks. The magazine also features the following articles...
The summer issue of the primary magazine includes the following articles:
- Tools of the trade by Dave Parry
- Myth busting with STEM Clubs by Joanne Mitchell
- An amazing Shanghai adventure by Janet Spittals
- Together is better by Samantha Maher
- We're going on a bug hunt by...