Listing all results (15)
This resource includes 5 lessons on introducing students to the basics of using AutoCAD to draw simple 2D shapes. It guides students through a series of worksheets to build skills and knowledge to develop a firm foundation on which to develop more advanced CAD skills.
There is a delicate balance between the three main areas of our energy future; security, accessibility and sustainability. This is known as the energy trilemma. How we manage these areas is a tricky task....
Water soluble Vitamins A, B, C, D
To know and understand:
• the functions
• main sources
• effects of deficiency and excess
• related dietary reference values
Use this resource with small groups of students.
Instructions for using this learning grid:-
Print off onto A3 and laminate
The students then play the game in groups of 4
They roll two dice to get a grid reference.
A number of careers resources on a range of themes such as biosciences, internet technology and world population were developed as part of the Big Bang Fair. These resources took the form of set of quiz questions about different careers for students to find out the answers to.
The resources offered are:...
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about becoming familiar with the cooking equipment, tools and ingredients. The differentiated slides cover:
• areas where you might be cooking
• basic tools and equipment
• using a knife safely to prepare fruit and vegetables
• basic techniques for preparing...
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about becoming more confident in cooking and developing essential skills. The differentiated slides cover:
• using the hob to boil and simmer
• using a kettle to measure boiling water safely
• draining hot water away from pasta
• an all-in-one white sauce...
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about gaining confidence with cooking and developing essntial skills. The differentiated slides cover:
• using small electrical equipment, e.g. whisk
• handling raw meat safely
• preparing an onion
• using a knife safely to dice
• preparing chillies,...
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about healthy eating and describes the variety of foods needed for a balanced diet, giving examples of each type. The differentiated slides cover:
• The Eatwell plate
• Examples of food in each of the five food groups
• A balanced diet
• Healthy food choices...