As part of the FUNcube STEM satellite outreach programme we have developer a student and teachers pack showing how to interpret rea data from graphs.These can be found at: https://funcube.org.uk/education-outreach/
There is a delicate balance between the three main areas of our energy future; security, accessibility and sustainability. This is known as the energy trilemma. How we manage these areas is a tricky task.The following activities introduce pupils to the idea of the energy trilemma in a creative way, allowing them to...
Water soluble Vitamins A, B, C, DTo know and understand:• the functions• main sources• effects of deficiency and excess• related dietary reference values•Theory Lesson•Exam Practice•Kahoot
Use this resource with small groups of students.Instructions for using this learning grid:- Print off onto A3 and laminate The students then play the game in groups of 4 They roll two dice to get a grid reference.
A number of careers resources on a range of themes such as biosciences, internet technology and world population were developed as part of the Big Bang Fair. These resources took the form of set of quiz questions about different careers for students to find out the answers to.
The resources offered are:
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about becoming familiar with the cooking equipment, tools and ingredients. The differentiated slides cover:
• areas where you might be cooking
• basic tools and equipment
• using a knife safely to prepare fruit and vegetables
• basic techniques for preparing ingredients, such as...
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about becoming more confident in cooking and developing essential skills. The differentiated slides cover:
• using the hob to boil and simmer
• using a kettle to measure boiling water safely
• draining hot water away from pasta
• an all-in-one white sauce
• the rubbing in method...
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about gaining confidence with cooking and developing essntial skills. The differentiated slides cover:
• using small electrical equipment, e.g. whisk
• handling raw meat safely
• preparing an onion
• using a knife safely to dice
• preparing chillies, garlic and ginger
This Licence to Cook tutorial is about healthy eating and describes the variety of foods needed for a balanced diet, giving examples of each type. The differentiated slides cover:
• The Eatwell plate
• Examples of food in each of the five food groups
• A balanced diet
• Healthy food choices
• Practical tips for...
This Licence to Cook tutorial provides eight tips for making healthier food choices. The differentiated slides cover:
• Basing meals on starchy foods
• Eating lots of fruit and vegetables
• Eating more fish
• Reducing intake of saturated fat and sugar
• Reducing salt intake
• Increasing activity