Listing all results (36)
This STEM Learning magazine aimed at all primary teachers contains articles devoted to teaching science, mathematics, design and technology and computing at primary level. Articles include:
- What does primary STEM look like?
- Taking the next step in coding
- Could the...
In this article from Hello World we discuss how the foundations of computer science can contribute to Key Stage 1 mathematics and vice versa.
THE BENEFITS OF PLAY
An occasional paper by
Dr William Lockitt
The paper is aimed at raising awareness to the importance of play in education and highlight some of the current research available. It is...
In this issue you can find out about the science behind fireworks. The magazine also features the following articles...
The summer issue of the primary magazine includes the following articles:
- Tools of the trade by Dave Parry
- Myth busting with STEM Clubs by Joanne Mitchell
- An amazing Shanghai adventure by Janet Spittals
- Together is better by Samantha Maher
- We're going on a bug hunt by...
This issue of the primary magazine includes articles on:
- Evolve your teaching of evolution and inheritance by Karen Brunyee
- Sailing ahead: the Polar Explorer programme by Bryony Turford
- Beyond the partnership by Steve Thurgur
- Outdoor learning with astronomy and space by Tom...
As part of The IET Scotland South West committee, we have available a small fund available to either provide small prizes or material to enable STEM investigations / competitions to be held in and around Glasgow.
The aim is to promote STEM competitions in primary school to highlight to young people the...
In this issue of the STEM Learning magazine Dr Ajay Sharman gives his opinion about when and how we can help primary students to start thinking about the jobs and opportunities...
In this issue of the STEM Learning magazine Alison Hogben describes how the mastery approach to teaching mathematics can significantly impact the teaching and learning in a primary school in the article Mastering mathematics. the magazine also features the following articles:
- STEM Ambassadors help bring...