Sexual and asexual reproduction in flowering plants
- Identify the two types of reproduction (sexual and asexual) that take place in plants.
- Describe the function of the male and female reproductive structures in a flowering plant.
- Describe the processes of pollination and fertilisation in a flowering plant.
- Explain how the structure of a seed enables germination.
- Identify the conditions required for germination.
The resources include details of common misconceptions and a summary of the research upon which the resources are based.
Download the zip file for all the questions and activities.
More resources like this can be found on the BEST webpage: Best Evidence in Science Teaching
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.