This resource includes 5 lessons on introducing students where metals come from, how they are processed and made usable. It also is aimed at teaching students how to identify ferrous, non-ferrous metals and alloys.
- End of topic quiz based for a whole class activity based on the skills and knowledge accumulated during the course.
- A task sheet linked to lesson 1
- Work sheet linked to lesson 3
- Starter activity linked with lesson 3
- Fact sheets for ferrous and non-ferrous metals, linked with lesson 4
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.