Testing a pulley system
In this resource students are asked to test the operation of pulley systems and calculating their mechanical advantage.
Suggested learning outcomes include:
- To understand what is meant by mechanical advantage.
- To be able to calculate the mechanical advantage of pulley systems.
- To perform suitable tests on how a pulley system functions.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.
- Testing a pulley system (activity sheet)
- Testing a pulley system (information sheet)
- Testing a pulley system (teachers' notes)
You might also like
|Subject(s)||Design and technology, Engineering|
|Published||2010 to date|
Share this resource
This resource is part of IET Faraday Resources
- IET Faraday Resources
- Testing a pulley system