Methods of obtaining water
This resource looks at designing a treadle pump.
Suggested learning outcomes include:
- To be able to design a treadle pump for people living in a remote village.
- To understand how social issues impact on the design of a product.
- To be able to communicate design ideas using sketches, notes and formal drawing techniques.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.
- Methods of obtaining water (activity sheet)
- Methods of obtaining water (information sheet)
- Methods of obtaining water (teachers' notes)
You might also like
|Subject(s)||Design and technology, Engineering|
|Published||2010 to date|
Share this resource
This resource is part of IET Faraday Resources
- IET Faraday Resources
- Methods of obtaining water