Refocussing Assessment in D&T
This resources uses 5 key questions to develop a rationale for assessment within D&T. Through answering each question, the responses are intended to support, challenge or structure department discussions on your own assessment in D&T in your school.
- What does it mean to be a successful student in D&T?
- What is the purpose of assessment in D&T?
- What does progress look like in D&T?
- How can progress be assessed most effectively in D&T?
- How do the assessment practices in our department contribute to/work with whole school policy?
This resource was produced by David Barlex, Nick Givens and Torben Steeg.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.