Communications and networks unplugged
This resource focuses on the breadth and depth of the subject with a focus on networks and communications (with links to data and data representation) and an emphasis on understanding how this can be implemented in classrooms whilst taking into account progression through Primary education. It contains a series of lessons covering the following topics.
- Diﬀerence between the Internet and World Wide Web
- Understanding how data travels through the internet
- Data transfer protocols
- Packet switching
- Understanding IP addresses as unique identifiers
- The binary behind IP addresses
- Searching the Internet
- How search engines select webpages
- How search engines rank the webpages into an order
Mark Dorling and Carl Turland are the authors of this resource.