Glaciers and Climate Change
This resource consists of five lessons in which students research the effect of climate change on glaciers.
The overall learning objectives for the lessons are:
* To understand the definition of a glacier
* To understand what glacier mass balance means (what inputs mass and what are the outputs)
* To understand how glaciers are affected by climate change
* To know where glaciers are located
* To understand the factors that influence where glaciers are located
*To recognise that altitude, latitude and continentality are the factors which influence the location of glaciers
* To understand the impact that shrinking glaciers have on the world.
This resource was produced by the Climate Change Schools Project, funded by the Natural Environment Research Council and in association with the Department of Geography at Durham University and Science Learning Centre North East.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.
You might also like
|Subject(s)||Earth science, Science, Cross curricular|
|Published||2010 to date|
Share this resource
This resource is part of these collections
- Durham geography
- Glaciers and Climate Change