LSS Skill Area 6 Training: Knowledge Presentation
Produced by the Science Enhancement Programme (SEP), these materials are aimed at facilitators who are preparing to lead Learning Skills for Science (LSS) training courses with colleagues. This resource looks at the training connected to skills in knowledge presentation. The trainers' manual and supporting presentations are included.
Following the training, teachers will:
• Be familiar with the LSS resources on ‘Knowledge presentation’.
• Have a range of strategies to plan, differentiate, teach and assess the skills required for
knowledge presentation in the Secondary classroom.
• Know how to facilitate the preparation and delivery of a focussed, comprehensive and
well delivered oral presentation.
• Know how to support effective evaluations of oral scientific presentations.
• Understand the differences between a professional scientific poster (research poster)
and a poster that presents a scientific subject (teaching poster).
• Understand the advantages and disadvantages of displaying knowledge on a scientific