Computers Helping with Designing at Key Stage Two
Produced by the Nuffield Foundation, these materials describe activities that challenge children to produce a design for a vehicle. It must be suitable for use as a storage and transport vehicle for some of the equipment used in a fairground. The vehicle should be eye catching, so that it attracts attention from the public as it drives along, to publicise the arrival of the fair.
The activities use the[i] My World 2[/i] computer aided design package but others with similar capabilities could also be used.
This will help the children to develop skills in:
• manipulating images and text on screen using a variety of tools
• try out different design ideas on screen and make changes
• print out nets of their designs and make them into 3-D prototype models which can then be decorated
• adapt their working vehicle design if evaluation of the 3-D model shows that it will not hold the planned fairground equipment
• draw up their final designs for working vehicles including any prototype models as part of that design.
Show health and safety information
|Subject(s)||Computing, Creating Media, Design & Development|
|Published||1990 - 1999|
|Log in to rate this resource|
|Requirements||Computer Aided Design (CAD) software|
- Nuffield Foundation