Product Design: Sports Shoes
From The Centre for Industry Education Collaboration (CIEC), these activities deal with the different stages of market research, product design, selection of materials and manufacturing processes in the sports shoe industry.
Through a range of activities and practical investigations, students gain a greater understanding of:
* Development of a new sports shoe design
* Analysis of functional requirements
* Materials selection in product design
* Testing materials for soles and uppers
* The use of polyurethane
* Polyurethane autoadhesion
* Making blown polyurethane foam
* Manufacture of sports shoes.
The materials contain full teacher guidance, student notes and activity sheets.