This Salters’ Chemistry Course unit from the University of York Science Education Group covered:
* The range of properties of chemicals.
* The use of symbols, formulas and balanced equations.
* The commercial importance of chemicals.
* Factors influencing siting of the chemical industry.
* Methods by which chemicals are transported.
* Methods used to deal with chemical spillage.
TC1: How are chemicals transported?
TC2: How is chemical spillage dealt with?
TC3: What shorthand do chemists use?
TC4: Why do chemicals need to be transported?
TC5: What are the best methods of transportation?