This video contains advice from teachers and trainers on successful strategies for the teaching of Core Maths.
Teaching tips include:
- Experiment- don't be discouraged if things go wrong.
- Include real world problems to help students engage with their mathematics.
- Make sure your teaching is different to GCSE, and relevant to the real world.
- Teach through activities, make learning Core Maths a collaborative process.
- Include open ended, thought provoking and challenging activities.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.