Workshop 1: Turbine Head Disassembly - Key Stage Five Resources
These resources, from the James Dyson Foundation, are designed to support post-16 design and technology and engineering courses. Through a PowerPoint presentation, quiz and activity sheets, students learn about product analysis and successfully designed products. Using disassembly, they learn about design decisions and how to critically analyse the sources used.
The Key Stage Five resources include:
* A planning document for teachers
* A PowerPoint presentation which lasts around two hours
* The Dyson evolution cards activity
* A component identification activity
* A quiz
* A 'Solve a problem' activity
The resources are designed to be used alongside the Dyson Foundation Education Box, which is offered on a free loan basis to schools by the Foundation.