Workshop 1: Turbine Head Disassembly - Key Stage Four Resources
These resources, provided by the James Dyson Foundation, aim to support the Key Stage Four design and technology and engineering courses.Through a PowerPoint presentation, quiz and activity sheets, students learn about product analysis and successfully designed products. Using disasembly, they learn about design decisions and how to critically analyse the sources used.
The Key Stage Four resources include:
* A planning document for teachers, describing details of the activities, links to objectives and types of assessment
* A product evolution worksheet for students
* A turbine head worksheet for students
* A PowerPoint presentation
* A quiz on the PowerPoint presentation, linking to the disassembly of the turbine head.
The resources are designed to be used alongside the Dyson Foundation Education Box, which is offered on a free loan basis to schools by the Foundation.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.