Electricity and Energy 14-16
From the Institute of Physics, this resource provides extensive teacher guidance and suggested classroom activities to support the teaching of:
* Setting up electrical loops
* Electrical working in loops
* Designed devices switch pathways
* Efficiency and calculations
Each topic is explored from the following perspectives:
• The physics narrative explains the physics of the topic using text, diagrams and video clips and could be used as a resource in the classroom.
• The teaching and learning issues explore some of the student misconceptions and challenges when teaching the topic.
• The teaching approaches describe suggested activities for the classroom, incorporating equipment lists.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.