Webinar: Why civil engineering? Saving lives. 8 October 2020 and recorded
The ICE Inspiration Series provides a complete online careers programme for students and educational establishments who want to explore the rewarding and diverse world of civil engineering careers.
Each event will feature real life civil engineers telling their inspiring stories as well as providing practical advice for study and career development.
Watch them all or register for the ones you’re most interested in – your choice! You will also get to ask the speakers your questions either during or in advance of the event.
Why civil engineering? Saving lives will answer questions including:
- How are civil engineers working to achieve the UN global Sustainable Development Goals?
- How are civil engineers saving lives by providing essential infrastructure?
- How are civil engineers protecting homes and lives from flooding and other natural disasters?
- What types of jobs are there in civil engineering if you want to help people around the world?
Access the event recording from Monday 12 October here: https://www.ice.org.uk/events/why-civil-engineering-saving-lives-webinar
Got a question already for our event panel? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To join the webinar, please use the link that will be included in your booking confirmation email.
Other events in the ICE Inspiration Series:
- 24 September – Why civil engineering? Engineering a better environment
- 22 October – Why civil engineering? Designing and building the future
- 5 November – What is it like being a civil engineering university student?
- 19 November – What is it like being a civil engineering apprentice?
- 3 December – How do I become a civil engineer? How to apply and how to get an ICE QUEST scholarship
In line with our safeguarding policy, all the events are hosted and moderated by ICE STEM ambassadors and ICE staff members with current Disclosure Barring Service checks.
Show health and safety information
|Subject(s)||Design and technology, Design for society and the environment, Engineering|
|Tags||engineering, saving lives, rescue, Earthquakes, floods, civil engineering, sustainability, development|
|Last updated||24 September 2020|
|Log in to rate this resource|