From the Wellcome Trust, these short animations can be downloaded and used in the classroom. The animations help students to understand a range of biological processes and diseases. These include:
• The genome, methods used in DNA sequencing and the translation and transcription of DNA into proteins
• The transmission and symptoms of diseases caused by protozoa such as Leishmaniasis, malaria, trypanosomiasis and Chagas' disease.
• Viral diseases including HIV and Dengue.
• Parasitic worms that cause schistosomiasis, intestinal worms and lymphatic filariasis.
• Diseases, such as syphilis, caused by bacteria.
The animations are suitable for students of secondary school age ranges. They can be used as an introduction to the topic or as a way to reinforce learning.