Core Maths : information for Universities
This collection contains a wealth of information for universities about the suite of Core Maths qualifications.
The collection includes:
- Statements endorsing Core Maths from universities around the UK
- Case studies from schools and colleges already providing the qualification
- The letter from Nick Gibb MP and Jo Johnson MP that launched the Core Maths qualifications in September 2015
- An interview with Professor Paul Glaister, Univeristy of Reading
- The journal for teaching and learning of Core Maths
- A number of background reports on mathematics education in the UK
This resource is a collection of statements from over 40 universities and higher education groups in support of Core Maths. University statements include those from the London School of Economics, the Universities of Bath, Cambridge, Leeds Newcastle, Southampton Warwick, York, Southampton plus many more. ...
Read first-hand accounts from schools already experienced in teaching Core Maths in the Case Studies and view Core Maths Endorsements from Universities, Employers and the Core Maths Support Programme team below.
Read the letter from Nick Gibb MP and Jo Johnson MP that launched the Core Maths qualifications in September 2015.
At the launch of Core Maths in June 2014 Paul Glaister was quoted as saying:
“Core Maths is the most significant development in post-16 mathematics education in a generation”
Find out about the experiences that led to this view and how Paul has been involved in supporting Core Maths.